Sunday, February 9, 2014

Inexpensive Valentine's Day Ideas

So Valentine's is coming up, which means a lot of anxiety in the gift-giving and planning departments.  There can be a lot of pressure to make this day special which most people think takes a lot of money.  I am here to tell you that is not true at all!  Here are a few ideas:

Picinic

This is something my fiance and I like to do a lot at the beach but it can also be done in a nice park.  They key to making it special is having a fun meal all ready to go.  My fiance says things like this are lame as a gift or date, but I say it's nice not to have to plan or prepare anything.  Fun food ideas are: cheese, salami, and crackers or bread; veggies; fruit; dip; and a fun drink like pink lemonade or sparkling juice.  And go to a nicer store like World Market or Whole Foods that has more unique flavors of things instead of name brands.





Unique Movie

This is something I talked about in my article, Cheap Ways to See Movies.  The drive-in, old movie house, or there might be special screenings on Valentine's in a square or other public area.  Do a search in your area, there are generally going to be romantic classics playing that night.



Make a Nice Meal at Home

One of the things that I loved about my fiance when we first started dating is that on Valentine's day, he cooked for me.  At 21 (and myself 19), it was very nice to see that the guy already knew his way around the kitchen.  But no matter what age, or what gender, cooking a nice meal that's different from your normal food habits makes the evening special.  Find a fun wine to go along with it that holds some significance.  My fiance and I found a wine called Sweet Pea which is his nickname for me.


 

 

What are your plans for Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment